Customer Service Representative
Founded in 1946, Powell Electronics specializes in the distribution of connectors, switches, sensors, and electromechanical devices. Located at our office in Swedesboro, NJ, we have an excellent growth opportunity for a talented candidate to join our company as a Customer Service Representative.
You will enjoy the opportunity for growth and advancement by being strategic, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
Job Description: Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
• Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
• Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
• Input and maintain sales orders and expedite product delivery.
• Schedule and expedite work orders.
• Interface with manufacturers and suppliers to request basic delivery information.
• Review and take action on backlogs.
• Process PO change requests.
• Act as a liaison between sales and material planning group through involvement in shortage calls, quality problems, programming, etc.
• Assist with the overall customer service and account management/strategy by partnering with Sales/Marketing Rep to troubleshoot customer concerns, acting upon a variety of branch level reports, and working on other assignments as needed.
• Interface with distribution centers on field quality reports and other customer requirements.
• Active Listening
• Service Orientation
• Reading Comprehension
• Critical Thinking
• Active Learning
• Social Perceptiveness
• Time Management
• Customer and Personal Service
• English Language
• Communications and Media
• Sales and Marketing
• Economics and Accounting
• Computers and Electronics
• Administration and Management