Founded in 1946, Powell Electronics specializes in the distribution of connectors, switches, sensors, and electromechanical devices. We have an excellent growth opportunity for a talented candidate to join our company as a Customer Service Representative.
You will enjoy the opportunity for growth and advancement by being strategic, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
Job Description: Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
• Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
• Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
• Input and maintain sales orders and expedite product delivery.
• Schedule and expedite work orders.
• Interface with manufacturers and suppliers to request basic delivery information.
• Review and take action on backlogs.
• Process PO change requests.
• Act as a liaison between sales and material planning group through involvement in shortage calls, quality problems, programming, etc.
• Assist with the overall customer service and account management/strategy by partnering with Sales/Marketing Rep to troubleshoot customer concerns, acting upon a variety of branch level reports, and working on other assignments as needed.
• Interface with distribution centers on field quality reports and other customer requirements.
• Active Listening
• Service Orientation
• Reading Comprehension
• Critical Thinking
• Active Learning
• Social Perceptiveness
• Time Management
• Customer and Personal Service
• English Language
• Communications and Media
• Sales and Marketing
• Economics and Accounting
• Computers and Electronics
• Administration and Management