Founded in 1946, Powell Electronics specializes in the distribution of connectors, switches, sensors, and electromechanical devices. We have an excellent growth opportunity for a talented candidate to join our company as an Inside Sales Representative.
You will enjoy the opportunity for growth and advancement by being strategic, goal oriented, and self-motivated. ARE YOU MISSING OUT ON COMMISSIONS? POWELL DOES NOT CAP COMMISSIONS – UNLIKE MANY COMPANIES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
Job Description: Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers to businesses or groups of individuals. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold. Must have industry experience.
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Recommend products to customers, based on customer’s needs and interests.
• Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
• Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
• Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending conferences,
• Prepare drawings, estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
• Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports and keeping sales records.
• Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
• Train customers’ employees on quality.
• Prepare sales contracts and order forms.
• Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
• Forward orders to manufacturers.
• Active listening
• Social Perceptiveness
• Critical Thinking
• Reading Comprehension
• Service Orientation
• Active Learning
• Sales and Marketing
• Customer and Personal Service
• English Language
• Administration and Management
• Production and Processing
• Economics and Accounting
• Computers and Electronics