Founded in 1946, Powell Electronics specializes in the distribution of connectors, switches, sensors, and electromechanical devices. We have an excellent growth opportunity for a talented candidate to join our company as a Field Sales Representative.
You will enjoy the opportunity for growth and advancement by being strategic, goal oriented, and self-motivated. ARE YOU MISSING OUT ON COMMISSIONS? POWELL DOES NOT CAP COMMISSIONS – UNLIKE MANY COMPANIES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
Summary: Responsible for the direct sales of the company’s product (electro mechanical) in a defined territory generating profitable sales on new and existing accounts. Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry, and electronics, normally obtained from at least 2 years of post-secondary education.
• Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
• Prepare and submit sales contracts for orders.
• Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
• Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
• Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
• Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
• Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
• Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Compute customer’s installation or production costs and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
• Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
• Prepare sales presentations or proposals to explain product specifications or applications.
• Complete expense reports, sales reports, or other paperwork.
• Verify that delivery schedules meet project deadlines.
• Identify prospective customers using business directories, leads from existing clients, participation in organizations, or trade show or conference attendance.
• Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
• Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
• Advise customers on product usage to improve production.
• Study documentation or other information for new scientific or technical products.
• Stock or distribute resources, such as samples or promotional or educational materials.
• Attend sales or trade meetings or read related publications to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, environmental regulations, or industry developments.
• Sell service contracts for technical or scientific products.
• Demonstrate the operation or use of technical or scientific products.
• Provide feedback to product design teams so that products can be tailored to clients’ needs.
• Arrange for installation and testing of products or machinery.
• Consult with engineers regarding technical problems with products.
• Active listening
• Social Perceptiveness
• Reading Comprehension
• Service Orientation
• Active Learning
• Sales and Marketing
• Customer and Personal Service
• English Language
• Administration and Management
• Production and Processing
• Computers and Electronics
• Engineering and Technology
• Education and Training